Elbrus is a stratovolcano in the Caucasus. Included in the list of the highest peaks of the seven parts of the world “Seven Peaks”. The mountain has two cones – pronounced Eastern (5621 m) and Western peaks (5642 m). Climbing is associated with great risks, so you need to be prepared for the expedition both physically and psychologically.
1. Duration of the tour: 7 days
2. Season: May-June, September-October
3. Number of persons: 1-3 (with one guide)
4. Insurance: necessary
5. Documents: not required
6. Accommodation: Accommodation in Terskol for the duration of the entire program is not included in the price, if search and booking is required, this is discussed additionally. Accommodation in houses above Terskol is included in the price of the program.
7. Nutrition: Meals during the entire program are not included in the price.
8. Program by day: (may be adjusted depending on the level of physical training and weather):
1 day: Arrival in Terskol (from Mineralnye Vody), acquaintance with the guide, accommodation.
2 day: Ascent by funicular to the Garabashi station, ascent to 4000-4200m (above Shelter 11), descent to Terskol.
3 day: Ascent to the Garabashi station, walk, accommodation in houses.
4 day: Acclimatization, ice training, preparation for the ascent.
5 day: Mountain.
6 day: Spare day.
7 day: Descent to the Terskol, departure
9. List of required personal equipment:
– mountaineering boots;
– trekking boots;
– sneakers (or other light footwear for the base and first camps)
– hat / baf;
3) Warm mittens or gloves (preferably two pairs of each)
– waterproof jacket and pants;
– thermal underwear;
– t-shirts, shorts;
– down jacket;
– warm polartec jacket;
– socks (several warm and several light)
5) Sun cream
7) Hygienic lipstick / balm
9) Sleeping bag
10) Tourist rug
11) Headlamp flashlight and battery reserve
12) Trekking sticks
15) Climbing harness with lanyard of self-insurance
17) Ice ax
19) Belay device
10. Cost: calculated based on the number of participants
11. The price includes:
- guide services;
- transfers Mineralnye Vody-Terskol-Mineralnye Vody;
- accommodation in the houses upstairs (3 nights);
- lifts on the cable car according to the program.
12. The price does not(!) include:
- accommodation and meals in Terskol;
- meals during the whole program;
- flights / transfers to Mineralnye Vody and back;
- insurance of the participant.